What’s a Statutory Off-Road Notification (SORN)?

Question topic: ,

View favourites

Statutory Off-Road Notification or SORN

Annex 3 of the UK highway code states:

This is a notification to the DVLA that a motor vehicle is not being used on the road. If you are the vehicle keeper and want to keep a motor vehicle untaxed and off the public road you MUST declare SORN – it is an offence not to do so. The vehicle will remain SORN until you sell, tax or scrap it. If your vehicle is unused or off the road it MUST have either a SORN declaration or valid insurance.

Find out more about what a SORN is and when you need to make one, and here’s what a SORN looks like.