You lose control of your car and damage a garden wall. No-one is around. What must you do?

A: Report the incident to the police within 24 hours

B: Go back to tell the house owner the next day

C: Report the incident to your insurance company when you get home

D: Find someone in the area to tell them about it immediately

View hint

If the property owner isn’t available at the time, you must inform the police about the incident. This should be done as soon as possible, and in any case within 24 hours.